Uvongo is the seaside town between St Michaels Beach and Manaba Beach that is famous for its beautiful waterfall that plunges 23m into one of the deepest lagoons in the South Africa. Named after the Vungu River which comes from the Zulu word describing the sound of a waterfall in a gorge it is a spectacle when in full flow. A famous seaside holiday destination.
The picturesque beach has lifeguards on duty and reaches back to the waterfall that cascades into the lagoon nestled between the surrounding cliffs. The Uvongo lagoon flows between the beach and the popular Uvongo Fishing Pier that continues to boast amazing catches of Shad, Salmon and pelagic species of fish such as Garrick. Fishermen drawn to the newly refurbished pier and the stretch of seafront along Lillie Crona Boulevard (named after Thure Lilliecrona, the original farm owner). This stretch of coastline continues to produce great catches.
On the beach, which has shark nets, there is a restaurant, tidal pool and children’s swimming pool.
The Uvongo lagoon has pedal boats and the cliffs around the falls make for a stunning backdrop for your family holiday photos. There are hawkers along the beachfront selling craft work, fruits and curios as well as a sea tidal pool for those wanting a dip in the ocean without the waves. Many holiday homes line this stretch of coastline with beach access and beautiful sea views.
This friendly seaside town with stunning breaker sea views from many of its beach front properties is on the South Coast of KwaZulu Natal in South Africa. It is close to Margate and and forty minutes to Wild Coast Sun. Uvongo town has all the shops, restaurants and local pubs you would expect in a perfect holiday getaway
For the past 19 years the Uvongo Flea Market has offered the public a place to browse and buy fresh fruit and vegetable, curios, plants, clothing, second hand goods and homemade foods. Spend a Saturday walking through the open air market and have breakfast and tea before heading off the beach.
In season, Douglas Mitchell Sports Ground which has facilities for tennis, squash, cricket and rugby hosts events and markets for the holiday makers. The Sports Ground has its own model car racing track and restaurant pub that is well supported by the locals and holiday makers alike.
- Uvongo Flea Market - May 1, 2022 - December 31, 2023 - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- A Rex-cellent Christmas adventure at Dino Park - December 2, 2023 - December 18, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Matric Breakaway - December 5, 2023 - December 7, 2023 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer Day Party at The Village - December 8, 2023 - 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Margate Mardi Gras - December 8, 2023 - 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Let's GO Summer 2023/2024 - December 14, 2023 - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 14 - 16 December- Love Summer 2023/2024 Festival - Coca Cola - Wild Coast Sun Main Beach - December 14, 2023 - December 16, 2023 - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Oribi Gorge Farmers Market - December 15, 2023 - December 17, 2023 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Mr, Miss & Mrs Margate 2023/24 - December 15, 2023 - 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Margate Mardi Gras - December 15, 2023 - 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Gas Live - 2023 - December 16, 2023 - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Celebrate summer with Wild Coast Sun Gin Festival - December 16, 2023 - 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Comedy with Karou Charou ” Certified Madhir” - December 16, 2023 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Love Summer Festival - Wild Coast Sun Wild Waves Water Park - December 17, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Let’s GO Summer - San Lameer at Marina Main Beach - December 18, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Let’s GO Summer Festival at St. Michaels Beach - December 18, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Christmas Lunch at The Lighthouse Restaurant - December 18, 2023 - 12:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Let’s GO Summer Festival at Ramsgate Main Beach - December 19, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Let’s GO Summer 2023/2024 Festival at Margate Lucian Main Beach - December 20, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Let’s GO Summer Festival - San Lameer @ Marina Main Beach - December 20, 2023 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm